The porch was originally an exterior porch, but was closed in during the 1920's. At that time the double doors into the dining room was a window.
The interior of the porch before renovation was particle board. The wood used to renovate was salvaged from a one-room school near Moose Jaw. The floor has been painted as was common for the era. The ceiling, door and walls were stained as our contractor thought it a shame to cover such high quality wood with paint.
Wheelchair access was added to the exterior. The front door was replaced with a salvaged door from the school in Moose Jaw, to meet wheelchair criteria for width.
Exterior view before renovation
Porch foundation dismantled
Foundation shored up and rebuilt
Before doors open into porch
After doors open into dining room
Wood paneling removed to expose the brick
Front view after renovation
Renovation showing wheelchair ramp access